LAS VEGAS – VUE Auditechnik introduced two new additions two its e-Class range of architectural speakers: the e-351 Nano Coaxial Cube and the VUEDrive V242 Systems Engine.
More details from VUE Audiotechnik (www.vueaudio.com):
VUE Audiotechnik is using booth C418 at this week’s InfoComm show to unveil two additions to its e-Class range of high-definition, ultra-compact architectural speakers. The new e-351 Nano Coaxial Cube and the VUEDrive V242 Systems Engine join the e-352 to expand the line of exceptionally high output, high fidelity system for discerning professionals.
“Balancing SPL, size and fidelity is not easy,” explained VUE CEO Ken Berger. “Most compact speakers prioritize either output or sound quality. VUE e-Class is the result of a multi-year development effort to change that commonly accepted tradeoff. Thanks in large part to our work with beryllium, and the advancements we’ve made with DSP technology, the e-Class systems deliver both esoteric audiophile quality and professional sound pressure levels while being extremely elegant and compact.”
Like the larger e-352, the new e-351 Nano Coaxial Cube utilizes state-of-the-art materials and technology to achieve superior results. Onboard is a 3.5-inch woofer that combines a large, high-temperature voice coil with a neodymium magnet assembly for improved heat distribution and distortion-free operation across a broad frequency range. Coaxially mated to the woofer is a custom-designed, beryllium-infused, 25 mm compression tweeter. The tweeter’s horn is built through the pole-piece of the woofer’s powerful neodymium magnetic assembly. The unique coupling optimizes space while dramatically improving efficiency and high-frequency dispersion.
A precision-engineered passive crossover network is precisely mated to the e-Class drivers and optimized to work in concert with the specialized DSP in the new VUEDrive V242 Systems Engine. The rack-mount V242 has been engineered specifically for use with e-Class systems. Highly sophisticated DSP maximizes response accuracy while providing both maximum power transfer and transducer protection.
Drivers and crossover are housed in a compact and elegant die-cast aluminum enclosure that is significantly more rigid and resonant free than typical plastic designs. The aluminum enclosure also works as a highly efficient heat sink for onboard components, further enhancing e-Class efficiency. Finally, the aluminum is innately corrosion and moisture resistant, making the e-351 well suited for use outdoors and in harsh weather applications.
The resulting combination of transducers, crossover, DSP and cabinet allow the e-351 to deliver unprecedented fidelity with resonant free operation from 120 Hz to well above the range of the most discerning human ear (27 kHz). The e-351 also achieves peak sound pressure output above 112 dB SPL at one meter, in an enclosure measuring just 4.3 by 4.3 by 4.1 inches.
• Redefines the SPL-to-size ratio benchmarks.
• Architect-pleasing design with versatile mounting options
• Very low distortion and flat response provides ultra high-end audiophile quality with professional sound pressure output
• Truextent® beryllium dome tweeter with exceptionally strong neodymium magnetic circuit for exceptional output, high-frequency bandwidth and clarity
• State-of-the-art 3.5-inch Coax high output transducer
• Elegant enclosure is made from solid aluminum for maximum rigidity and corrosion resistance (available in black or white)
• Passive system specially designed for use with VUEDrive V242 Systems Engine for class-leading sonic accuracy and output
• Flexible mounting with included bracket enables quick and intuitive speaker aiming, with an M6 screw to accept safety anchor
The original article can be found here: http://fohonline.com/newsroom/news/vue-unveils-expanded-e-class-at-infocomm/
Powered by WPeMatico